Peach Tart Tatin

by Anna on October 12, 2010

in Desserts,Tart

My poor dessert site has been completely neglected…but for a good reason, you are probably following me on my adventure in the Foodbuzz 2010 competition with my other site Chefwanabe. I hope you are, it’s been a lot of fun and I have made through the first 3 challenges (feeeeew). I have met great foodies along the process, really interesting people. And just for that I think it’s already a bonus. This peach tart was supposed to be my forth post for the challenge “Picture perfect” but somehow I thought it wasn’t good enough. But I loved the recipe and I thought I should share that with you. I hope you enjoy and give me some love here

Recipe based on Gourmet Traveller.

Peach Tart Tatin

• 120 grams caster sugar
  • 20 grams butter
  • 2 Rosemary springs
  • 1 puff pastry sheet
  • 5 peaches halved

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 F. Heat sugar in a 9-inch ovenproof frying pan and swirl occasionally until melted and caramelized (3-5 minutes). Add butter and rosemary and swirl to combine, and then add peaches, skin-side down, and remove from heat. Cut pastry to a round slightly larger than top of pan, place over peaches, tuck in edges carefully and quickly, and then bake until puffed and golden (15-20 minutes). Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto a plate (be careful as caramel will be very hot).

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{ 35 comments… read them below or add one }

Brie October 12, 2010 at 1:04 pm

wow, a new technique to making a tatin. looks simple and delicious. i like the more intact peaches and equal crust ratio. your photos are beautiful as always.
Brie recently posted..Project Food Blog 4 – Cedar Plank Red Snapper

A Little Yumminess October 12, 2010 at 3:39 pm

You beautiful – this makes me want to start baking right now! :)
A Little Yumminess recently posted..Apple Picking &amp More in Sebastopol

GreenGirl October 12, 2010 at 3:52 pm

what an easy way to make a tart-tatin, I got hungry just by looking at it
GreenGirl recently posted..Stuffed Delicata Squash with Barley Salad

Claudia October 12, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I don’t know – looks pretty picture-perfect to me. Love tatins – they always make me hungry and yours is no exception.
Claudia recently posted..Classic Carbonara

junebu8 October 12, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Beautiful!
junebu8 recently posted..maple and spice and everything nice

Rajani October 12, 2010 at 6:11 pm

oh but this is brilliant, looks delicious, love the fresh mouthwatering tutorial and nice way to make tart.
Rajani recently posted..Rustic Chutney with Coconut &amp Peanuts

Jennifer-Adventuresome Kitchen October 12, 2010 at 8:33 pm

wow wow wow! First- I LOVE the combination of peach and rosemary! How fresh! I love mixing herbs with my fruit pies/tarts. Second- your pictures were lovely- I could totally follow them. Third- I love that you did this in your cast -iron- I will have to try this sometime with mine. Lastly- jealous you’re still getting peaches. Peach season is done here until next summer… waaaaah :(

fooddreamer October 13, 2010 at 4:29 am

Oh wow, so yummy! Love the addition of the fresh rosemary (which I have a ton of!). Good luck in round 4!
fooddreamer recently posted..Lemon Cranberry Scones with Lemon Glaze Low Carb

fooddreamer October 13, 2010 at 4:30 am

Oh wow, this looks so good. I love the addition of the fresh rosemary. Good luck in PFB4!
fooddreamer recently posted..Lemon Cranberry Scones with Lemon Glaze Low Carb

Suchitra October 13, 2010 at 7:08 am

Wow, the peaches look gorgeous! loved the recipe

Adelina October 13, 2010 at 10:18 am

oooh Anna… love Tart tatin… where is my whip cream on the side? lol. Thanks for another picture perfect post and a great recipe. BTW… love your rolling pin.
Adelina recently posted..New Milestones &amp Aarti’s Green Minty Curry Chicken

torviewtoronto October 13, 2010 at 10:51 am

delicious way to eat peaches
the rolling pin looks beautiful

Camala - CC Recipe October 13, 2010 at 11:11 am

This really is a fantastic recipe, thanks for sharing, this peach tatin looks wonderful! Love your rolling pin, BTW!
Camala – CC Recipe recently posted..Simple Meatloaf

Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz October 13, 2010 at 6:06 pm

I already voted but can I still take the bribe Anna:-) ???

No worries, for the video you’ll go to round 5 and nail the star vid.
Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz recently posted..Sugar Sponge- coulda been a contender

Sommer @ A Spicy Perspective October 13, 2010 at 9:07 pm

You still have peaches??? So jealous! The tatin is simply glorious!

Anna October 14, 2010 at 9:48 am

Oh Sommer I know…I’m loving every minute of living on the West cost. The way the weather looks I will probably have peaches forever. lol.
But I will miss the snow at christmas time for sure.

delicieux October 13, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Mmmm peach tart tatin sounds perfect to me. The peaches look so fantastic. I can’t wait till we get decent peaches here.

Clare @ Mrs Multitasker October 14, 2010 at 1:25 am

That tart looks completely lovely. And what a beautiful rolling pin! Where’d ya get it?
Clare @ Mrs Multitasker recently posted..Coconut Cupcakes with Pink Vanilla Buttercream

Anna October 14, 2010 at 9:45 am
Lynn @ I'll Have What She's Having October 14, 2010 at 7:50 am

The tarte tatin looks incredible! And I love your rolling pin!

Jenny Nguyen October 14, 2010 at 8:34 am

I want to reach in an take one of those peaches off you! :)
Jenny Nguyen recently posted..Stumptown- Leading America’s new wave of hat-wearing- beard-having- coffee enthusiasts

Kim - Liv Life October 14, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Wonderful photos! Such a simple recipe with big results… beautiful!
Kim – Liv Life recently posted..Turkey Meatloaf with Feta &amp Sun-Dried Tomatoes

sensiblecooking October 14, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Love love love the combination of fresh rosemary and peaches Anna.
sensiblecooking recently posted..Gooey Pumpkin Chocolate Cake- Halloween

Jennifer October 14, 2010 at 5:35 pm

This sounds and looks divine. I love peaches and I’m always looking for another dessert to make. thanks for sharing.
Jennifer recently posted..Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad

Magic of Spice October 15, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Gorgeous!
Magic of Spice recently posted..Whats for Lunch A Slightly Confused Stir Fry

coolblogger October 16, 2010 at 10:02 am

so yumm.peaches and lovely dessert.
coolblogger recently posted..Zucchini Split Pea Soup

Lucy October 16, 2010 at 10:29 am

Ooh I love the idea of a peach tarte tatin. They look gorgeously caramelised… could definitely do with a slice right now :)
Lucy recently posted..Banana Cake

Sharlene (Wheels and Lollipops) October 18, 2010 at 3:17 am

Great photos, and loving the idea of peach tartin.

Juliana October 19, 2010 at 8:41 am

Anna, this peach tart looks absolutely gorgeous, love the combination of rosemary…beautiful pictures!

bunkycooks October 21, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Your tart is just lovely. I like the use of the pastry sheets to make it a little quicker to prepare.
bunkycooks recently posted..Montaluce Winery and Le Vigne Restaurant-Dahlonega- Georgia

Erica October 26, 2010 at 10:25 am

Absolutely fantastic, Anna!I love peaches…..:)

Bistro Gerard October 27, 2010 at 4:10 am

What a gorgeous looking Tart Tatin! The rosemary and peach combination sounds fabulous! Chef Gerald has a blog award for you when you have time to drop by our site :-)
Bistro Gerard recently posted..Award

Sophie October 31, 2010 at 2:57 am

MMMMMMMMM,…Your rosemary scented peach tarte tatin looks just stunning & fabulous, Anna!

Waw!!!
Sophie recently posted..Sophies healthy gluten free and sugar free banana and almond butter cake with dark chocolate chips

Luna December 2, 2010 at 12:06 am

This peach tart tartan looks so beautiful. I adore food which looks rustic and your photos are beautiful. Very talented! Luna

Anamika August 7, 2011 at 5:30 am

Hi, 1st time here & loving your gorgeous pics…they r so beautiful. The rolling pin is really cute.

Anamika